Mesquite, TX – March 7, 2019 – On March 11, students of the Mesquite Independent School District will begin five days of Spring Break. The City of Mesquite reminds drivers to be extra cautious as children will be out and about throughout Mesquite. Help make it a safe school holiday and avoid costly fines by following these driver safety tips.
- Know your route before you leave.
- Always were your seat belt.
- Focus on driving and do not use your phone or any other electronic device while driving.
- Watch your speed. Posted speed limits are for ideal driving conditions. Adjust when necessary.
- Share the road with pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists by driving with courteous behavior.
- Keep your distance. Give yourself room to change lanes safely and take evasive action in emergencies.
- Signal your intentions so other road users know what you plan to do next.
- Reduce your speed when approaching crosswalks and always yield to pedestrians.
- Never drink and drive. Remember, buzzed driving is drunk driving.
Visit the website www.DriveLikeYourFamilyLivesHere.org and watch the brief video Before You Turn the Key for more safety tips.