The mission of the Office of Neighborhood Vitality is to create a level of engagement and participation to connect local Mesquite residents to the appropriate resources in order to maintain safe and sustainable neighborhoods.
Goals of Neighborhood Vitality:
- Increase the number of active neighborhood groups.
- Encourage positive engagement in local neighborhoods.
- Train Neighborhood Leaders to assist in stabilizing healthy neighborhoods.
- Coordinate programs and events that help to maintain neighborhoods.
We ask that local residents become involved by ensuring their neighborhood is registered as a Neighborhood Group.
The purpose of Neighborhood Leaders is to serve as neighborhood conduits for setting and meeting neighborhood goals. These residents are volunteers who facilitate the recruitment of additional volunteers within the neighborhood. Exercising consistent and common Neighborhood Practices will assist with stabilizing and maintaining a safe and healthy neighborhood. There is an ethical responsibility to your neighborhood as well as the City organization as it is relevant in taking on the role as a Neighborhood Leader.
- Register your Neighborhood Group
- Complete a Neighborhood Plan and recruit Block Leaders for Block Leader Action Plan.
- Host at least one annual event per calendar year to engage neighbors.
- Provide a communication tool for all neighbors wishing to stay informed about your neighborhood. E.g. Social Media, Nextdoor, newsletter
- Recruit neighbors to participate in City of Mesquite’s HOME Program as well as Addressing Mesquite Day.
- All Neighborhood Leaders are required to attend annual workshops.
- The Neighborhood Toolkit will assist in ensuring common practices are performed. Note: There will be additional information provided on an annual or as needed basis to assist in your success as a Neighborhood Leader. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|Neighborhood Toolkit Resources|
|Neighborhood Toolkit||Herramientas de Ética para el Vecindario|
|Block Leader Plan||Plan de Acción del Líder de la Cuadra|
|Neighborhood Leader Role|
Consider a Neighborhood Walk
For more information or questions, email email@example.com