Boards & Commissions
Radio Interview about Boards and Commissions
Director of Communications and Marketing Wayne Larson and Chris Sanchez from the City Manager’s Office discuss exciting new opportunities for Mesquite residents to get involved in volunteer positions with City advisory boards and commissions. Visit www.cityofmesquite.com/Boards to learn more.
Serving on a Board or Commission
- The City of Mesquite’s Boards and Commissions are comprised of engaged citizens who volunteer their time, knowledge, and expertise to make a difference in their community. Duties of boards and commissions may include serving in an advisory capacity, examining in-depth issues such as recommendations to zoning ordinances, advise and assist the city in adopting land use assumptions, making recommendations to City Council, and making decisions on variance requests from citizens.
Requirements for Service
- Persons interested in serving on a board or commission are required to complete an Application and Background Check. The general requirements for serving on a Board or commission are as follows:
- Must be a Qualified Voter
- Must be a Mesquite Resident unless otherwise excepted
- No felony convictions or no pending felony indictments
- No Class A or B misdemeanor convictions within the last 10 years or pending Class A or B misdemeanor charges
- Must not have been removed from a previous Board or Commission
- Must be able to make the meeting requirements for all meetings. Please review each boards individual page to see additional requirements.
- The application will be forwarded to the City Secretary's Office, where it will be maintained on file and provided to the City Council as vacancies occur on the various boards or commissions. Note: An additional form is required for service on the Historic Mesquite, Inc., Board of Directors (Historic Mesquite Addendum) and the Keep Mesquite Beautiful, Inc., Board of Directors (Keep Mesquite Beautiful Addendum) this can be forwarded to Boards@cityofmesquite.com.