Historic Mesquite, Inc.
Historic Mesquite, Inc. (HMI) is organized for the charitable and educational purposes of identifying and preserving historic structures, identifying and securing historic designations for properties, and providing the public with the tools to navigate Mesquite history and culture.
For our younger Mesquite citizens, what better way to learn Mesquite history than coloring. Below are two activity coloring sheets that focus on local Mesquite historical sights. Have fun!
Find Us On Facebook
Like Historic Mesquite on Facebook.
About Historic Mesquite, Inc.
- HMI is a nonprofit [IRS 501 (c)(3)], tax exempt organization dedicated to the preservation of and education about Mesquite history.
- The organization is governed by a Board of Directors, who serve 3-year terms and can be re-appointed to an additional term.
- HMI meetings are held once a month, normally on the fourth Tuesday. Call 972-216-6468 or 972-329-8529 for more information.
- Other projects include:
- Restoration of S.D. Lawrence house at Opal Lawrence Historical Park
- Raising public awareness on historical preservation issues
- Providing an educational speakers bureau
- Writing historical marker applications
- Continuing involvement with state and national preservation institutions
- Memberships are available at different levels. All fundraising efforts go towards maintenance and restoration of historical properties and to a sustaining trust fund for the properties.