Mesquite, TX – November 2, 2021 – On Nov. 1, Dallas County launched a new Emergency Business Assistance Program to help restart small businesses affected by the pandemic and support businesses that have experienced economic downfall during the pandemic. Small businesses can receive up to $15,000 in grant money. Click here to complete the online application.
Due to the COVID-19 public health crisis, Dallas County small businesses are facing a significant financial crisis. With 53% of the nation’s jobs coming from businesses with less than 100 employees and with many of these jobs being disproportionately held by low/moderate income people with already limited resources, much of the local economy is at great risk. The assistance program is designed to rapidly provide financial assistance to “traditional” small businesses.
Small businesses must meet the following criteria to qualify for the assistance program:
- Be officially registered with the State, physically located, and operating within Dallas County (excluding the City of Dallas);
- Been in existence March 1, 2020;
- Be current in the payment of all Dallas County and local taxes;
- Have had no more than 100 employees as of March 1, 2020;
- Have annual gross income of less than $1 million; and
- Have experienced a loss of at least 25% in income since March 1, 2020 because of the pandemic.
- Have closed during the pandemic due to Covid-19 and income related loss.
Learn more about the program.