Mesquite, TX – July 23, 2020 – The City of Mesquite continues to remind the community to follow everyday preventative measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Consider where you are going and stay safe by avoiding the Three C’s: crowded places with many people nearby, close-contact settings especially where people have close-range conversations and confined and enclosed spaces with poor ventilation.
Basic everyday habits can help protect you and others from the virus while our community works to return to a new normal. As you are running essential errands like grocery shopping, getting take-out, banking and getting gas, consider these steps to keep you and others safe and healthy:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to seek medical care.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children to do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-base hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands.
For more information visit www.cityofmesquite.com/Coronavirus.