Rooms are available for nonprofit groups holding meetings of a civic, cultural, or educational nature at the Mesquite Main Library (972-216-6223) and the Mesquite North Branch Library (972-681-0465). A fee is charged for use and reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance. Due to heavy demand for space, library meeting rooms are not booked on a standing basis.
Coin-operated copy machines are available for public use. Black and white printing and copies are .15 cents per page. Color printing and copies are available at .50 cents per page. The machines are self-service and intended to provide serviceable copies of reference materials, rather than sophisticated collating and enlarging functions generally found in copy businesses. Double-sided copies are available.
Paper copies from work performed at the public access computers are available. Price per copy is $0.15.
Applications are available at both libraries.
Federal tax forms for individuals and small businesses are available at both libraries. During tax season commonly requested forms are available for distribution. Otherwise, forms may be photocopied from a master book. Master books of tax forms from previous years are kept for eight years. You can also download income tax forms and publications online through the IRS website.
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, the AARP will be assisting patrons at the Mesquite Public Library by appointment only this tax season. Please pick up an AARP Preparation Packet at the front desk of the Main Library, 300 W. Grubb Drive, with instructions for scheduling your appointment. This packet must accompany you to your appointment.
During tax season, volunteers from the AARP are available to assist taxpayers in preparing their returns at the Mesquite Main Library. This is free tax help to anyone who needs it. The program is focused on helping seniors but also provides free tax filing to those who are under the age of 60 if they qualify.
Taxpayers must bring:
- Photo ID
- Social Security cards or other documentation for yourself and all dependents
- Copy of previous year’s income tax returns (2019&2020)
- All forms showing Wages, Interest, Dividends, or Capital gains/losses
- Unemployment compensation statements
- 1095-A form if you received in the mail
- SSA-1099 form if paid Social Security benefits
- All Forms 1099-Misc or 1099-NEC
- 1099R forms if received pension or annuity
- All forms indicating federal taxes paid
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security number)
- Totals for Itemized Deduction or Self-employment calculation