Swim lessons are available for everyone ages 6 months through adult. Morning and evening lessons are available with certified instructors. Lessons are scheduled Monday through Thursdays with Fridays used as a makeup day. Saturday cancellations will be rescheduled at the end of the session. There is a maximum number of students per class. Students will be grouped by their skill level for individual classes.
Morning & Evening Classes:
- Session 1: June 3 - 13
- Session 2: June 17 - 27
- Session 3: July 1 - 12 (no class on 7/4)
- Session 4: July 15 - 25
- Session A: June 1-22
- Session B: June 29 - July 27 (no class on 7/6)
- $50 per swimmer per session for Morning or Evening classes (8 lessons)
- $35 per swimmer per session for Saturday classes (4 lessons)
- Registration for RESIDENTS begins Saturday, May 11 at 9 a.m.
- Registration for NON-RESIDENTS begins Saturday, May 18 at 9 a.m.
- You may register in person at Dunford, Evans, Florence, Rutherford Recreation Centers & at the Mesquite Parks and Recreation Administration Office located at 1515 North Galloway Ave. Please note: (Admin hours are M-F, 8AM-5PM)
- New this year, no swim test or pre-registration is available.
- *Please Note: When enrolling for more than one session, the same class level will be used. There is a maximum of 8 students per instructor. Final Placement/advancement will be determined by the instructors.
- For more details on class levels and ages click here.
- Download 2018 registration form here.
For questions or more information call 972-216-6260
Lesson ages below are guidelines. Your child may be more or less advanced than the suggested ages. Generally, children will remain in the same level for at least two sessions.
- Parent- Tot: 6 months - 3 yrs.
- Guppy: 4 & 5 yrs. Beginner
- Minnow: 6+ yrs. Beginner Level 1
- Seahorse: 8+ yrs. Beginner Level 2 Students will be in deeper water. *Swimmers with no prior swim lesson experience should not be enrolled in this level.
- Otter: 9 - 10 yrs. Intermediate Level 3 Deep water class. *Swimmers with no prior swim lesson experience should not be enrolled in this level.
- Dolphin: 11 - 12 yrs. Advanced Level 4 Swimmer must be able to swim independently longer distances and transition easily between deep and shallow water. *Swimmers with no prior swim lesson experience should not be enrolled in this level.
- Pre-teen (10-12 yrs.) & Teen (13-16 yrs.): for older beginners. *Swimmers who already know how to swim should not be enrolled in this class.
- Adult: 18+ yrs. Beginning class for adult swimmers.
For more details on class levels and ages click here.