Who Is Eligible for NSP
To determine if you are an eligible recipient of a City of Mesquite NSP property, you must meet all of the following:
- Your household income must be at or below 120% of the area median income for Dallas County.
|# of People in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|50% of Area Median Income||$27,050||$30,900||$34,750||$38,600||$41,700||$44,800||$47,900||$51,000|
|120% of Area Median Income||$64,850||$74,100||$83,400||$92,650||$100,050||$107,450||$114,850||$122,300
- You intend to occupy the property as your primary place of residence.
- You must attend 8 hours of homebuyer education classes from a HUD approved counseling center prior to obtaining a mortgage loan.
- You must be either a first-time homebuyer or you must verify that you own no more than one residential property at the time you submit your eligibility application.
- If you have a co-signer, he or she, will be a member of and reside in your household.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible immigrant.
For more information, please contact one of the .
Please take time to read the NSP Guidelines for more information about the program
- It is required that applicants complete an 8 hour in-person homebuyer education class at a HUD- approved counseling agency. Online course certifications are not allowed.
- Applicants must have Counselor or Instruction sign and date the Certification for Completion of Homebuyer Counseling.
- Course must be completed before submission of application.
- Here you can find a list of HUD-approved counseling agencies in your area https://apps.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm?weblistaction=summary
STEP 1: Review Program Eligibility Requirements and Program Guidelines
STEP 2: Complete 8 hour, in-person homebuyer education course
STEP 3: Get a Pre-Qualification Letter from a trusted Lender
STEP 4: Contact City Realtor to take a tour and make an offer
STEP 5: Submit Application to City Realtor
Applicants and lenders should contact the CDBG Coordinator for my more information about the NSP Program
Please contact Realtor, Alicia Trevino, if you’re interested in:
- Submitting an application for NSP
- Taking a tour of available NSP homes
- Making an offer on an NSP home
Century 21 Realtors
***Submission of Application does not automatically qualify you for assistance under the program.*** Each application will go through a review and processing to determine eligibility prior to final approval of grant assistance.