Who is Eligible to become a Subrecipient?Examples of agencies that are eligible to apply for CDBG funds are:
- Non-profit, 501(c)(3), tax exempt agencies that provide services to Mesquite residents
- City departments
- Neighborhood organizations if they:
- Seek sponsorship through a non-profit agency
- Seek sponsorship through a city department, or for-profit agencies / businesses that administer special activities such as economic development
Organizations that are granted funding are responsible for payment of all project related expenses and will be reimbursed with CDBG funds by the City of Mesquite upon submittal of proper expenditure documentation.
CDBG Program Year 2018 Subrecipient Funding Application
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a grant provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The CDBG program provides the City of Mesquite with the opportunity to develop viable communities by funding activities that provide decent housing, a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities principally for low and moderate income persons. Funds are awarded to carry out a wide range of community development activities directed toward neighborhood revitalization, economic development and public services. Program regulations for CDBG can be found at 24 CFR Part 570.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding applications for the fiscal year 2018-2019 (Program Year 2018) are now available. Agencies that are eligible to apply for CDBG funding are:
- Non-profit, 501(c)(3), tax exempt agencies
- City of Mesquite departments
- For profit agencies/businesses that administer special activities such as economic development
CDBG funds must be used to address one of the three national objectives:
- Benefit persons of low-to moderate income
- Aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight
- Meet community development needs that have a particular urgency
Applications will be available for download on the City’s website at http://www.cityofmesquite.com/cdbg/ or by telephone request. Applications are due by 3:00pm on Friday, April 20, 2018. For more information, contact the CDBG office at 972-216-6425.
*NO COPIED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*