Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES)
As part of the Recovery Mesquite campaign, the City of Mesquite and other community partners are facilitating access to a variety of recovery programs for individuals, families and businesses through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act beginning July 13.
Housing Assistance Programs
Catholic Charities Dallas, Inc.
The City of Mesquite has partnered with Catholic Charities of Dallas, Inc. to provide emergency mortgage/rental and utilities (gas, electric, internet, and water) assistance to Mesquite residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Catholic Charities is processing applications on a first-come, first-served basis. Completing the application is not a guarantee that a resident will qualify for assistance. Applications open on July 1, 2021. In order to qualify, City of Mesquite residents must:
- Have lived within the City of Mesquite for the last 90 days (at time of application)
- Not have received additional or concurrent housing assistance from the federal stimulus program (known as the CARES Act) through another public agency or nonprofit organization
- Make less than 80% of the area median household income (AMI) by household size:
- Website: https://www.ccdallas.org/
- Phone: 214-257-0674
- Email: CCDdisaster@ccdallas.
- Resident Assistance Program Flyer
DCHHS Emergency Housing Assistance Program - 2021
Provides short-term rental, mortgage and utility assistance to low income Dallas county residents living outside of the City of Dallas economically affected by the spread of COVID-19.
- Website: www.dallascounty.org/ehap-2021
- Apply: http://renthelpforme.com/
- Phone: 214-819-1968
- EHAP - 2021 Flyer
Sharing Life Community Outreach
Offering financial assistance with rent, mortgage or utility bills.
- Website: www.sharinglifeoutreach.org/financial-assistance.htm
- Phone: 972-445-7403
- Email: Clients needing financial assistance with rent, mortgage or utility bills can email their request and documentation to Beth Byrum at email@example.com