Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES)
As part of the Recovery Mesquite campaign, the City of Mesquite and other community partners are facilitating access to a variety of recovery programs for individuals, families and businesses through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act beginning July 13.
Housing Assistance Programs
City of Mesquite Texas Emergency Rental Assistance Program (TERAP)
Assists qualified City of Mesquite residents who are financially impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If both the tenant and Landlord agree to participate and meet the requirements, the TERAP program may provide up to six months of rental assistance. Applicants must be at or below 80% of the Dallas County Area Median Income (AMI) to be eligible. Please refer to the chart below.
- Website: https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/CDBG/CDBG-CV-CARES-Act-ProgramForms.htm
- TERAP One-Pager Flyer
- Landlord Form and Certification
- Tenant Application Form
- Tenant Certification Form
- Tenant Income Self-Certification Form
- Tenant Household Income Certification
City of Mesquite Texas Eviction Diversion Program (TEDP)
Helps eligible Texas tenants, who are behind on their rent due to the COVID-19 pandemic and sued for eviction stay in their homes and provides Landlords with an alternative eviction. If both, the tenant and Landlord, agree to participate and meet the TEDP requirements, the TEDP may provide up to six months of rental assistance. Mesquite residents who have been referred to the TEDP program can fill out the first page of the TERAP Tenant Application Form to submit their court information.
- Website: www.tdhca.state.tx.us/TEDP.htm
- Phone: 972-216-6425
- TEDP Flyer
DCHHS Emergency Housing Assistance Program - 2021
Provides short-term rental, mortgage and utility assistance to low income Dallas county residents living outside of the City of Dallas economically affected by the spread of COVID-19.
- Website: www.dallascounty.org/ehap-2021
- Phone: 214-819-1968
- EHAP - 2021 Flyer
TDHCA Texas Rent Relief Program
The first statewide rent and utility assistance program for qualifying households throughout Texas. This program has been created to administer the more than $1 billion allocated to Texas through the latest federal COVID-19 stimulus bill. TDHCA will begin accepting applications for the program on Monday, February 15th.
- Website: http://texasrentrelief.com/
- Phone: 1-833-989-7368
Sharing Life Community Outreach
Offering financial assistance with rent, mortgage or utility bills.
- Website: www.sharinglifeoutreach.org/financial-assistance.htm
- Phone: 972-445-7403
- Email: Clients needing financial assistance with rent, mortgage or utility bills can email their request and documentation to Beth Byrum at email@example.com
Jewish Family Service and Friendship-West Baptist Church
A collaborative COVID-19 relief effort. Applications are processed on a first come, first service basis. Provides rental assistance and mortgage assistance to Dallas County residents who have lived within the county since March 1, but also live outside the Dallas city limits.
- Website: www.JFSDallas.org/CARES
- Phone: 214-390-4795
- Dallas County Emergency Housing Assistance Program Flyer