Collection Facts (effective October 1, 2021)
- Collected: Twice weekly (Dallas County); Once weekly (Kaufman County)
- Collection days: Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday (see map).
- Pick-up location: Place garbage at the alley or the front curb depending on your area.
- Weight limit: The combined weight of a container and bags should not exceed 50 lbs.
- What to place trash in: All trash must be secured in plastic bags between 13 to 32 gallon in size and placed in an authorized container not larger than 48 gallons. Loose trash placed in the container will not be allowed. An authorized residential trash container means any type of structurally sound solid waste container, can, or rolling cart, with lid, suitable for waste disposal, constructed of galvanized metal or durable-grade heavy plastic of not less than 20 nor more than 48 gallons in capacity.
Mesquite City Code Section 14-34 states: "It shall be unlawful for solid waste and recyclable materials to be placed out for collection earlier than 5:30 p.m. the day before scheduled pickup and later than 7:30 a.m. the day of scheduled pickup; except that placement later than 7:30 a.m. shall be permitted if it is ascertained that collection along the street or alley has not yet occurred. Containers should be removed from the curb line no later than 8 p.m. of the day in which collection occurs."