Westlake Sports Center- Archery Programs
The City of Mesquite Parks and Recreation Department is proud to announce the opening of the new West Lake Sports Center Archery Range, 601 Gross Road. This 8 lane range is open to the public and features shooting distances from 10 to 100 yards. The Parks and Recreation Department also offers a variety of classes, lessons, and camps for all ages and skill levels.
Introduction to Archery
Come get a taste of archery with our certified instructors. After a brief talk on archery safety, our instructors will have you hitting the target in no time. This is one-time, hour long class that will be held the first Saturday of each month. All equipment is provided.
- Ages 6-15
- Saturdays - 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- September 8
- October 6
- November 3
October ClassesShoot With The Pro
- Saturdays, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m
- October 13 - 27
- $25 per family, 3 sessions
- Saturdays, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m
- October 6 - 27
- $20 per family, 4 sessions
- Saturdays, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- November 10-17
- $10 per person, 2 sessions
Dad and Child
- Saturdays, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- November 3-17
- $25 for Dad and child, 3 sessions
Private Archery Lessons One on one USA Archery Certified Instructor
$15 per hour
*Group prices vary depending on size
Call 972-289-5326 to schedule
Archery Range Rules & Regulations
- All users must check in at the pro shop
- Children under age 16 are required to have adult supervision
- Users assume all risk related to use of archery range and equipment
- All archers must:
- Shoot only at designated targets within their lane
- Shoot only from shooting line
- Ensure that the area is clear before shooting
- Not use broad head arrows - only field tip arrows
- Not dry fire or sky draw
- All shooting must stop before archers retrieve arrows
- Paintball guns and firearms are prohibited
- No alcoholic beverages, smoking, or pets are allowed within the range area
- The City of Mesquite is not responsible for damage to or loss of personal equipment
- Patrons found in violation of any of the above rules or conducting themselves in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave
Archery Range Hours
- Monday - Friday: Noon - 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon. - 6 p.m.
|Resident (I.D. required for discount)||$3|
|Youth (Under 16) Must be accompanied by an adult (Resident)|| $2
| Youth (Under 16) Must be accompanied by an adult (Non-Resident)
|Resident Bow rental (10 arrows)||$6|
|Non-Resident Bow Rental (10 arrows)||$7|
|Resident Arrow Rental (10 arrows)
|Non- Resident Arrow Rental (10 arrows)
|Resident Punch card (5 admissions and bow rental)
This is a $15 savings!
| Non-Resident Punch card (5 admissions and bow rental)
This is a $15 savings!
For more information, please call (972) 289-5326