- Fire Marshal's Office
- Knox Boxes - Residential
Knox HomeBox - Residential
Knox® HomeBox™ provides homeowners with the same secure rapid access system that currently protects hundreds of thousands of government and commercial properties in over 13,500 fire jurisdictions across North America for over 40 years. When lives, safety and property matter, a Knox HomeBox can make all the difference. When seconds matter, count on Knox.
For residential property owners, at-risk residential occupants, and persons responsible for at-risk occupants who need the ability to grant fire departments access to a residential property in an emergency without property damage, Knox® HomeBox™ is the most secure, residential-grade key safe that is trusted and supported by your local fire department. Unlike “universal” or “realtor” residential-grade boxes that can be opened by anyone who has a common key or PIN, Knox HomeBox is a high security, weather-resistant key safe that can only be accessed by your fire department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide peace of mind and safety to your property, loved ones, and pets.
- Helps first responders to enter the home quickly
- Reduces property damage
- Makes re-securing accessed property reliable, easier and faster
- Utilizes the highly secure Knox proprietary key system that is already in place for commercial buildings in your municipality
Color Options are: (See below)
Mounting Options are: (See below)
Knox Residential HomeBox
1. Key boxes are never required for a residential home but are an option for those homeowners who may have medical or
other needs. The key box allows emergency personnel to access the home in the event the occupants are unable to
come to the door.
2. Key boxes can be ordered online directly from the Knox Company. Simply visit their website at www.knoxhomebox.com
and click on “Buy Now”. Select your State, select Texas, then select Mesquite as your city, select the community. Then
select the Residential Knox HomeBox of your choosing. Finally, complete the rest of the order form along with payment
and submit the order.
3. Once the key box has been received from the Knox Company, please install it within sight of the front door. Depending on
the type of key box (HomeBox) purchased, the key box should be installed on the door or be mounted no less than 5 feet
and no more than 6 feet above grade. If you have questions on the installation, please contact the Fire Prevention
Division at (972) 216-6267.
4. Once the box is installed, please call the Fire Prevention Division at (972) 216-6267 and request a staff member to come
out and secure the keys in the box. Please have the required keys ready, labeled and tested prior to calling.