The City of Mesquite offers several communication tools in print, online and anytime for the public to stay informed of City news and events. The following is a list of all the communication platforms available to stay engaged and communicate with residents. As well as a list of phone numbers for City Departments about the most commonly asked questions. To contact us directly, go to www.cityofmesquite.com/ContactUs and complete the online form at your convenience.
News and Alerts
- Press Releases
- Notify Me - Register for Emails and Text Alerts
- Mainstream - Monthly Resident Newsletter
- Mainstream en Español
- Council Connection - Weekly Newsletter of City Council Updates
- Fun Guide - Parks and Recreation Department Catalog
- Mesquite Minute - City of Mesquite News Show
- Mayor’s Radio Program - Listen to Mayor Bruce Archer’s Podcasts on KEOM
- Water Bill - City Messages on Monthly Water Bills
- For questions or concerns: www.cityofmesquite.com/ContactUs
- Contact your City Council: www.cityofmesquite.com/CityCouncil
- City Council meeting agendas: www.cityofmesquite.com/CouncilAgendas
- Watch City Council meetings: www.cityofmesquite.com/WatchCouncilMeetings
- City’s Transparency Portal: www.cityofmesquite.com/Transparency
- City Holiday Schedule and how it impacts City services: www.cityofmesquite.com/Holidays
Dogs running at large, wild animals (coyotes, feral hogs, obcats, etc.), animal cruelty, lost and found postings, pet adoptions, injured animals, vicious animals, pet registration and vaccination, animal bites, animal shelter and barking dogs.
All construction permits, Rental Certificate of Occupancy program, Certificate of Occupancy Program, dilapidated structures and inspections (Red tags, green tags).
Open records requests, City Council meeting minutes and City elections.
Zoning questions, home occupation complaints and variances (Board of Adjustments).
Convention and Visitors Bureau
For information on visitor destinations, hotels, restaurants and events.
- 972-204-4925 or 800-541-2355
High grass and weeds, junk vehicles, debris/trash, hoarding, stagnant swimming pools, parking in yards, garage sales, overgrown vegetation and Code Ambassadors Program.
Parks and Recreation
Planting/mowing in right-of-ways, facility reservations, recreation programs, parks and special events.
Alarm permits, accident reports, police reports and officer complaints.
- Police (Non-Emergency): 972-216-6759
- Police Officer Complaints: 972-216-6236
Trash, recycling, missed pick ups, bulky item pick ups, hazardous waste disposal and holiday collection schedule.
Potholes, standing water, streets ratings, Pavement PReservation Program and 50/50 sidewalk replacement program.
- After-Hours Emergencies: 972-216-6278
Traffic studies, stop signs, traffic signals, Alley Speedbump Petition Program and radar trailer.
Water bills, payment plans, service termination and requests for re-read.