To be eligible for assistance, your household must qualify as low-income. The total annual household gross income (before taxes and deductions) must not exceed the following (income limits are revised annually by HUD):
|# of People in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|80% of Area Median Income||$48,300||$55,200||$62,100||$68,950||$74,500||$80,000||$85,500||$91,050|
Additional eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to:
- All members of the household must be either a United States citizen or a legal resident alien
- Property address must be located in Mesquite
- Applicant must own and occupy property (verified by property deed)
- All property owners must reside in the home
- Property taxes must be current or being paid with a payment plan (a tax deferral is not acceptable)
- Mortgage must be current
- Property cannot have any judgments or liens (other than mortgage)
- Homeowners and/or property addresses are eligible for housing rehabilitation assistance once every 10 years;
- Beginning October 1, 2020, priority is given to applicants whose home is older than 25 years, are 62 years of age or older, or are on a fixed income (Social Security, pension, etc.).
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list please complete the following application and email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (972-329-8348), mail, or drop off the completed form at the Housing and Community Services building (1616 N. Galloway, Mesquite, TX 75149). Applications are processed in first-come, first-served order. Only after all priority applications are exhausted will applications on the wait list be processed. The date of application completion and eligibility will determine the order of assistance. You will be contacted at a later time when the City is ready to begin processing your application for assistance.