Click to view the current in custody jail list
How can I find out if someone is in the Mesquite City Jail?
- Online at http://www.cityofmesquite.com/police_web/jail/
- In person,
- Go to the front desk of the Mesquite Police Department at 777 N Galloway, Mesquite, Tx., 75149 and contact the front desk officer.
- By telephone,
- Jail (972) 216-6243
- Front desk /impounds (972) 216-6261
Where is the Mesquite City Jail?
777 N Galloway, Mesquite, Tx., 75149
When is the jail open?
The jail is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When can I visit an inmate at the Mesquite City Jail?
Every day between the hours of 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
What are the visitation requirements?
- Visitation is limited to 15 minutes with a maximum of 2 people allowed per visitation period.
- Visitors must be appropriately dressed, be at least 17 years of age, present a state issued drivers license or ID card or other government issued ID with a photo, last name, first name, and date of birth
- Visitors will be checked for outstanding warrants.
- All visitors are subject to search prior to entering the visitation room.
What items may I bring a prisoner?
- Personal items of convenience and money may not be contributed to the prisoner's property.
- Prisoner’s prescription medication will be accepted and dispensed in the prescribed manner.
- Prescription medication must be properly packaged in prescription bottle with the inmate’s name listed as the taker of the prescription.
May I get a prisoner's property?
- Prisoner property can only be released after the prisoner grants written permission authorizing the release.
- The person receiving the prisoner’s property must have a valid form of identification (see visitation rules).
May a prisoner make free phone calls?
Prisoners are allowed to place one free telephone call once the booking process has been completed. A prisoner also has the opportunity to make collect phone calls from inside a cell block.
What does it mean when a person is "booked" into jail?
This is an administrative process documenting a prisoner's entrance into the jail. The process includes collecting information such as the person's name, address, reason for the arrest (criminal charge(s)), and inventorying personal property. A photograph and fingerprints are taken as well.
How long does the booking process take?
Amount of time that it takes to book in a prisoner depends on the complexity of the prisoner’s arrest. It could take minutes or hours to complete the booking process.
Where is the county jail?
What occurs during an arraignment?
An arraignment is a formal meeting between a judge and a prisoner. The judge informs the prisoner of his or her charge(s), reads the prisoner his or her rights, and advises the prisoner of the bond amount.
When are prisoners arraigned?
Arraignments are generally once daily between the hours of 08:00 am and 10:00 am.
What is "jail credit"?
- The City of Mesquite assigns a monetary value for time spent in jail for a City of Mesquite Class C misdemeanor ticket or warrant.
- A municipal judge determines jail credit as regulated by state law of time already served.
- Generally each prisoner earns $100.00 per day per each City of Mesquite fine; it is credited to their fine amounts.
- Each day starts 12:00 am
Is jail credit applied to all arrests?
No, jail credit only applies to some City of Mesquite Class C misdemeanors.
What is an Alias warrant?
This is a warrant where no plea has been entered. A prisoner, bail bond company, or an attorney can post a bond for this type of warrant. The bond assures that the prisoner will appear in court.
What is a Capias warrant?
This is a warrant where a plea has been entered and the prisoner did not follow through with the court agreement. The only way to resolve a Capias warrant is to pay the fine in full or be released "time served" by remaining in jail until enough jail credit has been earned.
How can a prisoner resolve a City of Mesquite Class C misdemeanor warrant?
- Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover). This can only be done during business hours Monday through Friday. It must be completed through the courts.
- Released "Time served" after acquiring enough jail credit a combination of jail credit and cash or credit card payment
Where is the City of Mesquite Municipal Court?
- The Mesquite Municipal Court is at 211 Municipal Way, Mesquite Tx., 75149.
- Telephone (972)-216-6206
How can a prisoner resolve a Class C misdemeanor warrant issued from another city?
- A cash payment can be accepted by either the issuing agency or the City of Mesquite. Most county agencies do not allow cities to accept bonds and fines for their charges and payment must be made at the issuing agency.
- Dallas Sheriff’s Office fines or bonds must be paid directly to the Dallas Sheriff’s Office.
How can a prisoner get out of jail when arrested for a felony or misdemeanor (other than a Class C misdemeanor)?
- Pay the bond at the Dallas County Sheriff's Department Bond Desk located at 111Commerce St. in Dallas, TX.
- Contact an attorney.
- Contact a bail bond company.
Will city employees recommend a bail bond company or an attorney?
No, but most bail bond companies and attorneys can be located in the phone book, on the Internet, or by using directory assistance.
Where are impounded vehicles stored?
- Impounded vehicles are stored at four (4) private impound lots throughout the City of Mesquite.
- Contact the front desk/impound officer at (972)-216-6261 for information concerning the whereabouts of the vehicle in question.
- Wrecker Service inquiries concerning fees, method of payment, and directions to the storage facility should be directed to the towing company.
- Be prepared to provide information such as the vehicle's year, make, model, and license plate number.
How do I get information on a prisoner that has been transferred to ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement)?
You may contact ICE at (214)-905-5829 for this information. Personnel at the Mesquite Jail will not have any information regarding any prisoner transferred into ICE’s custody.